CTNA TILTROTOR FX
The industrial and experimental research activities include the study and development of an innovative pilot command system, aimed at improving the flight control of a tiltrotor reducing the pilot workload. The system, interacting with other onboard systems, shall also guarantee, an increase of the safety level, with reference to the flight envelope areas considered critical: for example the hovering conditions, the possible loss of stability due to the reduction of the command authorities, the Vortex Ring State conditions, the conversion operations inside the "conversion corridor", and so on.
The introduction and definition of a new advanced flight command system and the use of automatic nacelle control system, clearly define innovation factors for the conversion phase.
The project involves the development, the on-ground and in-flight demonstration and validation of such systems. Specifically, the main project objectives are:
- To implement an innovative flight command system (Inceptor) and validate its functionality
- To define the new logics of the tiltrotor control necessary for the introduction of the new command system
- To define the logics and algorithms of the ANCS (Automatic Nacelle Control System)
- To verify the reduction of pilot workload and the increase of the flight envelope protection
- To develop methodologies and simulation systems for the validation of the functionalities and logics of the new systems
A flight mechanics simulation model adequately representative of the tiltrotor shall be also defined supporting the development of the news logics and systems.
Attività nel progetto CIRA
In the framework of this project, CIRA aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To develop the algorithms and logics for the automatic nacelle control system (ANCS) during all phases of flight, for both the conventional and innovative command system (defined by other partners in the same project and denoted by the acronym En-FCS )
- To contribute to the development of simulation models and supporting the on-ground and in-flight demonstration activities relates to the ANCS.
From a programmatic point of view, the activities related to CTNA Tiltrotor FX project are divided into the following phases:
- Definition of the requirements for the new command system
- Definition of high-level requirements for ANCS algorithms
- Definition and development of fast time simulation tool for the design and verification of algorithms ANCS
- Design and development of the ANCS algorithms
- Support for the verification and integration of the ANCS algorithms and the Flight Control laws of the tiltrotor
Currently, the design and development of the ANCS algorithms is almost completed.
Monday, June 2, 2014
Monday, September 12, 2016
Tuesday, August 2, 2022
CTNA TILTROTOR FX
On Board Systems and ATM
Development of an innovative pilot command system with the aim to reduce the pilot workload and to guarantee the envelope protection during the flight operations of a tiltrotor.
Avionics, Cockpit Systems, Visualisation ＆ Display Systems, Numerical Models (including Fast Time simulation)
Guidance Navigation and Control Lab